- This event has passed.
Demonstration of how to record unusual dismissals
May 27 @ 7:00 pm until 9:00 pm
Sue Drinkwater, ECBACO, National Scorer Officer, will be demonstrating how to record more unusual dismissals.
Recording a dismissal such as Bowled or LBW is a simple operation, but would you know what to do if a Stumping occurred off a Wide or the next batsman didn’t come in until after lunch? What would you do if you accidentally chose the wrong batsman on a Run Out and didn’t notice for 3 overs? Have you discovered how to retire a batsman in PCS Pro yet or how to cope with the rarest of dismissals, a Timed Out? Join RunsWktsOvers to be taken through these complex scenarios and more.
The demonstration will use a pre-started match with some wickets already recorded, which can be downloaded from the link below and imported into PCS Pro using the following instructions. If you don’t want to download and import this match, you can follow most of the demonstration (just not the editing) with any match that you’ve created yourself.
1. Download the exported PCS Pro file (with the extension .cri) from the link below.
2. Open PCS Pro on your laptop (no need to login), click on the File menu, then on Import Match(es).
3. Click on the Browse button (top right), navigate to the folder where you stored the downloaded “.cri” file and click on OK to close the Browse window.
4. Select the downloaded in the main Import window and then click on the Import button (bottom right).
5. When asked to confirm that the match was exported from PCS Pro (ECB full version) – click on Yes.
6. When you see the Import Complete message, click on Open Match Now. The match will open in a drinks break, with Scratchers at 65/6 off 6 overs in the first innings of a T20 match.
7. Don’t score anything else in this match until the demonstration starts. You can close PCS Pro with the match still open and re-open it later with the match at the same point.
Download the partly scored match from https://bit.ly/2TsAt4X
PCS Pro is available to download free-of-charge from the Play Cricket website http://play-cricket.com/updates3 but note we are not learning to use this software from scratch tonight.